Our strategy is to provide intensive quality teacher training to Haitian educators. We begin with a general training open to the public. These trainings are recognized by the Haitian Ministry of Education and satisfy the annual professional development requirement for every Haitian educator.
Our Educator Conference serves as a gateway for Haitian educators to receive further training as they enter into our Haiti Teachers Association. Educators in the Teachers Association receive further specialized training and professional development opportunities. Teacher Association Members are then able to become Teachers Association Leaders, and then Master Teachers. This pyramid is designed to cultivate a culture of excellence among like-minded educators, who are ready to see their country rise.
Our Past Reach
- In the past 6 years of our Educator Conference we have had 2,030 Haitian Educators in attendance
- Since 2012, we have reached 223,300 Haitian students by training their teachers
- 52 school directors have attended our trainings
- At least 23 schools have replicated our trainings in their facilities
- Educators from 9 of Haiti’s 10 departments have attended our trainings
- Over 100 US Educators have traveled to Haiti to provide quality training to Haitian Educators
Checks made payable to Projects for Haiti can be mailed to:
Projects for Haiti
PO Box 590685
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33359